At the law firm of Spooner & Perkins, P.C., we offer a free initial consultation to discuss with you the status of the Missouri Second Injury Fund (SIF) and the likelihood of your claim being paid.
Contact our work injury attorneys in Kansas City to learn more about the Second Injury Fund.
The SIF is a Missouri program that offered support for injured workers who have certain pre-existing medical conditions that qualify for compensation if they have also suffered an on-the-job injury that made their condition worse.
The following is a summary of the various benefits provided by the Second Injury Fund:
- Disability benefits: If you suffer permanent partial and permanent total disability, the Second Injury Fund may provide a benefit to replace lost wages.
- Death benefits: If a worker dies due to a work injury while working for an uninsured employer, the SIF may provide death benefits to his or her spouse or dependents.
- Rehabilitation benefits: The Second Injury Fund may provide money for rehabilitation services to allow a seriously injured worker to become self-supporting.
- Second job wage loss: If you work two or more jobs and a work injury from one job makes you unable to perform your second job, you may file an additional claim for lost wages from your second job.
- Medical expenses: If your employer is uninsured, the Second Injury Fund may pay your medical bills and expenses.
Unfortunately, the Second Injury Fund is financially unstable now and has run out of money to pay all claims, leaving many workers with pending claims. Our attorneys have been representing workers with claims against the SIF for many years throughout the Kansas City metro area and rural Missouri. We are proud to provide legal support for workers and can help you explore your specific legal options.
Contact us to discuss your workers' compensation case with our Kansas City work injury attorneys. Call 816-453-7764
or toll free
. We are paid on a contingency fee basis so there is no attorney fee unless we win a settlement for you.